There are two versions of the Gmail gadget. One that requires your password and one that does not. If you use the one that requires your password, please note the following:
- You will need to enter your gmail address and password
- The credentials are NOT stored on our servers
- The credentials are sent securely to the servers temporarily to retrieve your email on demand
- For some users, you may receive a notice from Gmail that your account was accessed from our server location in Kendale Lakes, FL
- Please follow the link in the Google notification and approve the access
- If you use two-factor authentication, you will need to create an app-specific password. See the instructions below.
If you are experiencing problems logging into the Gmail gadget, please review the potential problems and solutions below.
Enable IMAP in your Gmail settings
If you do not have IMAP enabled in your Gmail settings, the gadget will not work. Verify that IMAP and POP are enabled in your Gmail settings to resolve this issue.
International users must approve access
For certain international users and a few US users, Google will sometimes send a notification email the first time you log in. It is basically verifying that you intended to allow access from "Softsys Server" in Kendale Lakes, FL. If you click the link at the bottom of the notification, follow the instructions, and authorize the access, the gadget will begin working within 10-15 minutes.
If you use Google's two-factor authentication (for example, get a text
message when logging into a new device and have to enter a passcode), you
will need to create an application-specific password. To do so,
- Go to
gmail and open your settings.
- Click Other Google Account Settings and
- Click Settings under 2-Step Verification.
- Log in using
- Click Manage application specific passwords.
- Generate a new
password for ighome.
- Next time you log into ighome, use the password that
you just generated.
For more help with this process, please visit the link below.