General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Please fix the Stock Quotes gadget - "Unable to Read RSS Feed"

The My Portfolio section has been this way for a couple of days now.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)

When Yahoo made changes to their Finance API, they also begin enforcing quotas by the hour and by the day. Due to the traffic from igHome, sometimes the API is successful and sometimes it is not. They do not offer a paid/commercial API. I have researched other sources of the data, and the monthly subscription prices are ridiculous and not justifiable.

I recommend Uday’s Stock Watch gadget as his implementation works differently. The stock data is retrieved from your computer rather than the igHome servers. In addition, you can add data regarding your portfolio, view charts, news, etc. I have included a link to the gadget below.

http://www.ighome.com/directory.aspx?g=148024

• Stock Quotes Still Not Working!

This is noted completed as of 11/23 but is still not working and no comment from Mike Sutton since he noted it completed. Re-posting this as a new issue to see if there will be comment from Mike as he is obviously ignoring the issue. Tired of seeing the "Stock Quotes Under Maintenance" message and the inability to add your own ticker symbols (deleted the gadget and re-installed to see if that fixed but no change except my tickers are now gone and can't get rid of MSFT and AAPL).

52 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

When Yahoo made changes to their Finance API, they also begin enforcing quotas by the hour and by the day. Due to the traffic from igHome, sometimes the API is successful and sometimes it is not. They do not offer a paid/commercial API. I have researched other sources of the data, and the monthly subscription prices are ridiculous and not justifiable.

I recommend Uday’s Stock Watch gadget as his implementation works differently. The stock data is retrieved from your computer rather than the igHome servers. In addition, you can add data regarding your portfolio, view charts, news, etc. I have included a link to the gadget below.

• Nov. 25 - on Stock Quotes still get "Stock Quotes Under Maintenance" most of the time

Nov. 25 - on Stock Quotes still get "Stock Quotes Under Maintenance" most of the time.

Any fix to this?

15 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• "Stock Quotes" gadget still shows "Unable to Read RSS Feed" Nov. 23, 2015

Mike Sutton reported this problem fixed Nov. 23 but the feed still isn't there.

41 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• HELP! Please view this thread again: "Please fix the Stock Quotes gadget - "Unable to Read RSS Feed"

This is flagged as "Completed", but if you read the 20+ posts on there over the last two weeks, you may belatedly realise you have a big issue here, that Mike Sutton says is fixed! Been trying to draw this to your attention by various means, but no luck at all ...

8 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• 9 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  Admin →

• The Wikipedia gadget has been giving the following message since yesterday:

"Unable to locate an appropriate view in this gadget. Requested: 'default' Available: [home, preview, canvas]"

8 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • 7 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Facebook Navigation Icon Images Missing from ighome home page

The past few days, ighome was down late night my time. Then yesterday, it was totally down for an hour or so. When back, it seemed to repopulate itself as it was not in cache. Yesterday, the next day, all loads from cache except the images for the Facebook gadget navigation icons. Seems just the images are missing, function works. Any word on when or how to get them back?

3 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Search box loses text

The search box, as it stands, has a very annoying habit of partially or completely clearing what you're typing if the ad at the bottom loads while you're typing. For example, earlier I was searching "green bean casserole from scratch". So I start typing "green be" and use autocomplete to bring up the first three words. Then I start typing "from scratch" and suddenly the "from scratch" part disappears. Other times I'll type a whole search phrase and it disappears entirely.

I hope you can fix this, its highly annoying. Especially if an ad takes an unusual amount of time…

173 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • fix autocomplete suggestions

As I'm typing autocomplete jumps in and it changes what i've already typed in the search area. Firefox 25 on win 7.

152 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

For those that are have reported being unable to find the link, click the URL or perform a search from igHome. Then, on the search page, the link to turn off auto-suggestions is in the header on the right side, just below the gear icon.

If you don’t see it, refresh the page to make sure you’re browser is not displaying a cached version of the page.

If you still don’t see it, submit a help ticket. Please don’t respond to this thread as I can’t respond directly to you.

http://www.ighome.com/search.aspx

• I can't find a multiple cities weather gadget that actually works.

Why doesn't someone good at this sort of stuff make a clone of the Igoogle weather gadget ?

84 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Fix discrepancy between ighome Google search results and direct Google search results

Since making the switch from igoogle to ighome, I have noticed that a Google search via ighome does not yield as many results as a search via Google directly, to a highly-noticeable level. I use Google frequently for my job and now find myself having to go straight to Google even though I use ighome as my home page and want the kind of functionality it generally offers.

8 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • In search typing problem!

There is a real problem with typing in search! Very annoying!
                              Some fonts disappear or not executing!

No good Weather gadget alternative to AccuWeather not even now!
                              Unfortunately I must search for a better alternative for my homepage.
                              Since the death of igoogle i've seen absolutely no improvement to this page.

4 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Add a way to delete a tab. I added one and want to get rid of it but can't figure out how to do it.

Add a way to delete a tab. I added one and want to get rid of it but can't figure out how to do it.

6 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • make an actual 'google search' widget we can add to the top of homescreen?

Hi~ First, great job! I wish you boundless success in the wake of igoogle home, so far so good!!

I'm wondering if we can add an actual google search widget or perhaps extend the search feature that comes default with igHome?

Thanks!

11 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Hamster widget

People really love their hamsters! I made a custom widget #5041863 to replace mine that I lost from igoogle.

4 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Get the number of columns option to work right away

I've tried to change the number of columns to see how things would look. The change doesn't show right away. In one instance, it didn't show for a couple of hours.

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Please FIX the NOAA US Local Weather Forecast (Compact)

This also applies to the "non-Compact" version.
                                        This gadget has stopped working when you enter a City, State. It does work when you use a zip-code HOWEVER, previously, I was able to enter a city/state and the NOAA gadget resolved that entry into longitude and latitude coordinates.

When entering a zip code, ONLY the zip-code is displayed (Not a city/state). Whereas, when entering a city/state, the city/state is displayed within the gadget.

There are more than 7,800 users who use these two gadgets,
                                        PLEASE fix the gadget when you get a chance.

6 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)