I suggest you ...

Nov. 25 - on Stock Quotes still get "Stock Quotes Under Maintenance" most of the time

Nov. 25 - on Stock Quotes still get "Stock Quotes Under Maintenance" most of the time.

Any fix to this?

15 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Mike SuttonAdminMike Sutton (Owner, igHome.com) responded  · 

When Yahoo made changes to their Finance API, they also begin enforcing quotas by the hour and by the day. Due to the traffic from igHome, sometimes the API is successful and sometimes it is not. They do not offer a paid/commercial API. I have researched other sources of the data, and the monthly subscription prices are ridiculous and not justifiable.

I recommend Uday’s Stock Watch gadget as his implementation works differently. The stock data is retrieved from your computer rather than the igHome servers. In addition, you can add data regarding your portfolio, view charts, news, etc. I have included a link to the gadget below.

http://www.ighome.com/directory.aspx?g=148024

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

There is a "Problem?" link on the top of the Uday's gadget, where he talks exactly about the same problem.

• WinnieWinnie commented  · 

The problem with the Uday's Stock Watch gadget is that you load all your watchlists or portfolio and it may hold it for a little but then it will revert back to the two stocks Facebook & google. That is not a good solution for those of us who want realtime data without having to spend time reentering data. Any other suggestions????

• Anonymous commented  · 

Still broken, April 18. This has been a blank white box when will it be fixed?

• Anonymous commented  · 

Still broken, April 7. This has been a blank white box for quite a while now.

• marilyn.pressmarilyn.press commented  · 

Ditto. It was a great little gadget. Will search for something to replace it. Too bad.

• MCGJr.MCGJr. commented  · 

Uday's Stock Watch has never worked for me. Now, for the last week or so, the Stock Quotes won't even provide the Stock Index values. In fact, the box for the widget is pure BLANK!

• Greg BGreg B commented  · 

Uday's works OK. For some reason the Dow never populates and all I want is Dow, S&P and Nasdaq plus the stocks I follow.

I am abandoning ighome because to this issue. Will check back periodically but I hope the advertisers on ighome are reading this ... it may prompt ighome to REALLY fix their widget.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I switched to Uday's Stock gadget and it is excellent. When I experienced formatting problems, I emailed him and he fixed it right away (great service). I also like the news option and the quick visual strength indicator. Job well done, Uday!

• Anonymous commented  · 

uday gadget shows an ad all the time....none of my other widgets do

• AndrewAndrew commented  · 

Hello, all! I guess I disagree that this issue is resolved / completed.

I really appreciated this Stock Quotes widget. I realize that there may be some external limitations being imposed now, but is there nothing simple out there to replace this?!

Uday's Stock Watch gadget does not format (or re-sort) well for me on Mozilla, and I am hoping that something is being created / updated through igHome or through the Stock Quotes widget. Please help?!

• PeteRPeteR commented  · 

Please post workaround

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Can the workaround be shared?

• JohnRJohnR commented  · 

A quick update to my post from last week;

Uday reached out and helped resolve my issue by giving a workaround. Kudos to Uday!

Note that the issues are not due to uday's gadget but ighome.com.
        ighome.com is supposed to provide a subscriptionid for every user - that's how the ighome.com website was designed and that subscriptionid is supposed to be used by the gadget developers. Unfortunately, it doesn't provide one most the time.

• JohnRJohnR commented  · 

Yes I agree about the 3rd Party cookie problem.

Problem review: Uday's gadget on igHome clearly displays a message that it needs us to Enable Third Party cookies. Currently everyone's IE 11 settings by default are set to Automatic Cookie Handling. Uday is suggesting that we [X] Override Automatic Cookie Handling to use the gadget. This exposes us to all 3rd party sites, not just Uday's at github.io. This is an excessive risk to take. Is there a better way?

I'm a bit confused by Uday's post in this thread on Jan 4th, which contradicts the message that his gadget is displaying that 3rd party cookies is required. Bottom line is that His gadget does not work for me unless I enable 3rd party cookies, which is not good.

The stock quotes are really the main reason that I came to igHome after iGoogle disappeared. Now it seems there's no reasonable way to get any quotes in any gadget via igHome anymore.

• UdayUday commented  · 

Nothing.. There was a problem with the hosting, I contacted the provider and was informed that it should be back up soon, most likely by the end of the day.

• PaulPaul commented  · 

Opps came in today the app was blank... Re installed, but still not working

What did I do wrong?

• PaulPaul commented  · 

Just added this gadget it's AWESOME
        Any chance you can add the market summary to the top.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Uday's Stock Watch works like a champ. This does not look good for Yahoo:-(

You can actually just pick up the list of stocks in the Yahoo gadget and add them all at once to the Uday's

• UdayUday commented  · 

This is Uday and I am responding b'coz my gadget was referenced in this comment. As someone pointed out below, it is not 100% true that my gadget requires third-party cookies to be enabled all the time to work. I only resort to cookies as backup when the igHome servers fail to provide a subscription id in the gadget. This is a bug that has happened more frequently in the past few weeks than before. So, to re-iterate, if everything is good with how the igHome is supposed to function, this gadget never uses third-party cookies.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base