I suggest you ...

HELP! Please view this thread again: "Please fix the Stock Quotes gadget - "Unable to Read RSS Feed"

This is flagged as "Completed", but if you read the 20+ posts on there over the last two weeks, you may belatedly realise you have a big issue here, that Mike Sutton says is fixed! Been trying to draw this to your attention by various means, but no luck at all ...

8 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Shaun RobertsShaun Roberts shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Mike SuttonAdminMike Sutton (Owner, igHome.com) responded  · 

When Yahoo made changes to their Finance API, they also begin enforcing quotas by the hour and by the day. Due to the traffic from igHome, sometimes the API is successful and sometimes it is not. They do not offer a paid/commercial API. I have researched other sources of the data, and the monthly subscription prices are ridiculous and not justifiable.

I recommend Uday’s Stock Watch gadget as his implementation works differently. The stock data is retrieved from your computer rather than the igHome servers. In addition, you can add data regarding your portfolio, view charts, news, etc. I have included a link to the gadget below.

http://www.ighome.com/directory.aspx?g=148024

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • KelleyKelley commented  · 

Thanks Anonymous for the market indices codes.They work!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Use the following ticker symbols on Uday's gadget to track market indices : ^DJI for Dow Jones, ^IXIC for Nasdaq Composite and ^GSPC for S&P500

• mtwarchmtwarch commented  · 

Pls advise if anyone has recommendations for alternate dashboards/portals. Thx.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Uday's stock quotes do not show on my computer. The space remains blank.

• boulderbobboulderbob commented  · 

Uday's sounds like a good idea but comes up blank on my page. Is there a trick to make it work?

• chuckievchuckiev commented  · 

Sorry Mike - too little too late - moved to igoogleportal.com. Would have stayed if you had given updates over the past month on the issue instead of ignoring the multiple posts. We understand if you need to take some time to research options but you should have kept us all in the loop.

• AllmarxAllmarx commented  · 

I am beginning to feel that this home page is beyond broken an time to move on

Feedback and Knowledge Base