I suggest you ...

Allow column width customization

Allow column widths to be user set. And / or allow a widget to span more than 1 column

674 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    billbill shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

39 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brian Burke Jr.Brian Burke Jr. commented  · 

If I was an HTML and a JAVA programmer I would fix it my self and offer the fix for free. Sadly I am not.

• Brian Burke Jr.Brian Burke Jr. commented  · 

Instead of one wide and one narrow, why not allow the user to select the number of columns a particular gadget will use. For instance if the page is set to 4 columns and you wanted you calendar to be full width you could just select 4 column width and it wouldn't ruin the rest of the page. Same goes for any other combination of page setup 1-2-3-4 columns and then being able to select the number of columns you want a particular gadget or feed to occupy. Would be easier than allowing any width the user chooses, that option would make the page look to jumbled and cause blank areas all over the place beside it is probably harder to program such an option.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Ignore my previous comment. The change from 3 column width to 2 increased the width of my gadgets

• Anonymous commented  · 

Allow column width change! I changed from the default 3 column width to two, thinking this would widen the gadget width, no such luck

• Carl HedlundCarl Hedlund commented  · 

My first column is too wide, making the others too narrow. Please allow column width adjustment in addtion to widget height.

• pmoepmoe commented  · 

I am using 3 columns but the middle column is twice as wide taking up too much space. Would like all columns equal. Thank you.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes Custom width would be nice

• Colin RobsonColin Robson commented  · 

Vanishing feeds? Blank spaces that will not refill with a new feed? 1st column has 6 feeds the second column has one and so on? How can I restore to my original eight feeds in four columns of two deep?

• Anonymous commented  · 

I have 3 columns set for the home page. On opening the two columns on the right side display in full but immediately expand pushing text off the page. Please provide customization to set column widths otherwise I will drop igHome.

• Anonymous commented  · 

feedly widget is more or less completely useless as one-column

• ViolaViola commented  · 

four column width still breaks on a regular basis. The only way I've found to force it back is to set the zoom to 50%. This allows me to move my feeds back to the fourth column. Then I reset zoom to normal. It is not a permanent fix and I can depend on ighome to break again. It doesn't like it when I add a new feed or resize the height of an old one. I agree it would be great to be able to adjust the width of the boxes and span columns. I don't think they are going to put any effort into making the adjustments we want.

• Tony BTony B commented  · 

On my screen (can't speak for others) ighome.com comes up with 3 columns. But some apps would be better viewed in double-width, and maybe even triple width. So I agree with others that it would be great to able the ability to merge across column widths.

• TimTim commented  · 

Please add the ability to have one wide column and one narrow. Some gadgets are best wide (eg news) some best narrow.

• Anonymous commented  · 

12-19 2013, column width broken, HIGHLY ANNOYING !!, please fix !! this is a a problem that never existed wih google home

• zagmomzagmom commented  · 

please allow us to control look of homepage

• SteveSSteveS commented  · 

As of 12/17/13 the four column layout (my preference with a wide screen) IS BROKEN !
        The right-most column (4) is double wide. Please Fix.

• Anonymous commented  · 

My preferred column layout: 1-narrow and 1-wide

• bobbob commented  · 

This would make a significant difference in the usability of the pages. Surprised it has not yet been done.

• bobloblawbobloblaw commented  · 

yes yes, would love the 1 narrow and 1 wide column

• Anonymous commented  · 

Totally agree on this - as several have already pointed out. LIke others, my igoogle layout is a narrow column (weather, stocks...) and then a wide column (double the narrow one) where I have headlines, email, etc. I don't even think columns need to be adjustable - just have this as a possible layout.
        This was my layoutt with the older "my.yahoo" page prior to igoogle - but surprisingly none of the igoogle alternative's I've seen support this "narrow/wide" format. I think it just makes logical sense.
        NOTE: Even the new/updated "my.yahoo" page has removed the "narrow/wide" option (or I just couldn't find it).
        By the way - GREAT JOB with igHome. Many thanks for your efforts!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base