I suggest you ...

Make it possible to have boxes with variable height

It should be possible to have boxes with variable height, that adapts to the size of the content.

740 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Stian Øby JohansenStian Øby Johansen shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

What will you do if ighome server crash again and they dont have any backup... what no backup.. really...

Instead of setting up everything again on ighome i switched to "iGoogle Portal". Just google igoogle and you will get it first in the search.

http://igoogleportal.com

• RexRex commented  · 

I'm wondering if IGHOME SUPPORT is still alive? Lately, the SEARCH ENGINE Google Search is stalling, you type for several characters and then it stops.. Anyone here have that issue??

• jldmsdjldmsd commented  · 

I agree ... I can't set the boxes in the position I'd like them in.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I can not set up my page the way I want and need it to. The boxes will not stay where I put them or in the order I want. Please tell me how to do that....

• Anonymous commented  · 

please make height adjustment permanent.

• Anonymous commented  · 

And a scroll bar in gadgets for iPad please. The biggest problem is going into preferences on a gadget and not being able to scroll to save. Thank you!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Need suggestion to move the boxes in order to form one page..three boxes in a line. When I add a gadget it just comes in one line going down and not crosswise.. Help!

• ElizabethElizabeth commented  · 

Excellent idea! They all take up way too much space.

• okindshovenokindshoven commented  · 

God yes!! Make the boxes conform to the number of items you set in "preferences". That way you can see everything at once and only have to scroll the main page and not every box.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Hi I'd like the gadget boxes to have the facility to be increased in size, maximised in size (so height and width); and conversely minimised too.
        So you could have gadgets small enough to fit several on your home page, but then you could expand the one that you are looking at. As you could on igoogle.
        That would be great thanks Claire

• Anonymous commented  · 

How do you move the boxes around? When I add a new gadget it always takes the first spot, upper left corner of home page...can I swap the boxes around using my iPad?

• PetePete commented  · 

I want variable/dynamic height too.

• Uncle TUncle T commented  · 

It might also be nice to have the option to set a minimum and maximum for the variable height (although setting the minimum to zero and the maximum to unlimited should also be possible, and probably the default for variable height).

• KhalidKhalid commented  · 

I add my voice to auto re-size the widget height to fit the contents specially the "Notes" and "Reminders" widgets ..

• Nicholas MarshallNicholas Marshall commented  · 

For those who are saying just pull down the bottom of the box, that isn't the problem. I have RSS feeds with headlines of varying size. If I resize a box so there are no scrollbars on the box, the next time I visit (where the headlines will likely have changed) there might be scrollbars or lots of empty space, since the headlines take up a different amount of space.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

I moved the cursor over the bottom line of the box, found a dotted line and pushed it up to minimise the box to almost nothing. I use a Mac: does that make a difference?

• AlAl commented  · 

Certain gadgets, such as reminders, should automatically resize themselves depending on the number of items showing up.

Others, such as quotations and urban legends, should be able to be set for a specific number of items.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree. Sometimes I want to reduce the gadget to pretty much one line. Currently the minimum height is 100 (even though it can be set somewhat smaller). You should be able to change to height to almost zero.

• V.B.V.B. commented  · 

I agree totally that the gadgets take up too much space and users should be able to adjust them based on content of the gadget.

• SofiaASofiaA commented  · 

You can change the height by clicking on the top right hand corner of the box and entering a different number....it's awkward, but doable

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base